CBD infused gummies are flavored edibles that are made using a natural plant-based compound called cannabidiol, or CBD for short. CBD comes from the hemp variety of the cannabis plant.
Hemp is a plant that contains many healthy ingredients, including cannabinoids such as CBD, CBG, other whole plant compounds and terpenes that help protect the plant and give it its unique aroma.
Cannabinoids have been found to play a major role in making sure your body's main regulatory system, known as the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) (1), runs smoothly. Researcher have discovered increased amount of cannabinoids from what was previously known, with a complex system of major and minor compounds native to this plant. This is very important because your ECS, Endocannabinoid System helps keep many bodily functions in prime working condition, including your metabolism, sleep-wake cycles, digestion, nervous system responses, memory, and more.
Terpenes (2) have been shown to help boost the positive health effects of cannabinoids like CBD. This is why flavored CBD gummies are such a popular choice for people who want to better manage their overall health and wellness naturally and have a great consumption experience.
What Makes the Best CBD Gummies?
Natural Ingredients and Organic Growing Methods
Hemp is a type of plant known as a bioremediator (3), which means it cleans the earth of toxins, it is a fast grower requiring relatively low water and good for crop rotation to replenish soil.
This makes it great for the environment, however it is essential to use and consume pesticide free, safe of heavy metals and impurities, as it is a crop used for human and animal consumption.
The best CBD gummies are CBD harvested from hemp grown using only organic farming methods, grown in the USA. Top-tier CBD gummies also use all-natural ingredients to further boost your health scorecard. For those who are vegan or interested in buying 100 % vegan CBD gummies, you should look closely to find CBD gummies that specifically label as a vegan product because many companies use some animal ingredients in the gelatin as a binder.
In addition, the health benefits of plant-based diets (4) have been well documented over the decades, and the best CBD gummies trade animal-derived gelatins for ingredients like tapioca starch. (5) These vegan gummies offer some of the healthiest CBD options for people seeking to manage their health naturally.
Laboratory Testing for Top Quality Hemp Edibles
Premium CBD infused gummies are tested using laboratories (6) to verify that they contain only the ingredients listed on the package, in the amounts claimed.
For example, hemp-based CBD edibles need to contain less than 0.3% THC by law, which is the ingredient in cannabis responsible for the high that some people experience. Many CBD products have been found to contain (7) less CBD than claimed, and more THC, heavy metals, and pesticides.
ISO 17025-compliant labs (8) are the international standard for testing and calibration competence. This might not seem like a big deal, but when you consider that a whopping 55% of CBD products (9) tested by the FDA in one 2020 sample had different amounts of CBD than the label indicated, it really can make a difference! Choosing a reliable credible CBD company that you can trust is paramount, knowing you are buying the best flavored CBD gummies and premium hemp extracts.
When shopping for top-quality hemp edibles, try to look for companies who use a FDA-regulated manufacturing facilities. They tend to go above and beyond by testing products multiple times for purity and listing their lab results in the form of a Certificate of Analysis, (10) typically on the product page or a tab on their website.
Health-Boosting CBD Blends
Premium CBD gummies aren't just delicious –they're also nutritious. CBD is one of many healthy compounds that are pulled from the hemp plant's flowers and leaves. This type of extraction produces an oil called hemp extract oil, or hemp extract.
Hemp extract contains CBD plus other healthy cannabinoids, aromatic terpenes, and flavonoids (11) that are rich in antioxidants. These ingredients work together to help boost each other's healing properties, a phenomenon known as the entourage effect. (12)
That's why many premium CBD products blend CBD with other healthy hemp extract components, such as CBG. This powerful compound is nicknamed "the mother of all cannabinoids", (13) and research indicates it is especially beneficial in helping people better manage their pain and anxiety, and protect against the inflammation that can lead to many debilitating health conditions.
Likewise, terpenes such as 'limonene' that are found in many citrus fruits like lemon and lime are often blended into premium CBD gummies (14) for their health-boosting effects. Research indicates that limonene (15) can aid in the timely release of "the happy hormone" serotonin to help ease the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
How Many CBD Gummies Should I Eat?
Everyone is different, and the amount of CBD oil you take (16) can vary based on factors such as your weight, biology, age, any medications you take, and the health conditions you're interested in managing. Flavored CBD gummies typically contain 5-10 mg of CBD per gummy, although extra strength CBD gummies aimed at helping people better manage health issues like pain, anxiety and inflammation may contain 25mg each (or more). As a general rule, you can start by taking 1mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight daily. CBD oil or hemp extract oil has been concluded to be well tolerated and safe for human consumption, no known overdoes has been documented.
We also recommend checking with your healthcare provider on dosing before adding CBD to your health and wellness toolkit.
Do Flavored CBD Gummies Have any Side Effects?
The best CBD gummies have few side effects,(17) which is why many healthcare practitioners recommend premium CBD products for overall wellness. There are some medications that CBD can interact with,(18) such as those that have to be metabolized by certain enzymes in the liver.
It's always best to discuss CBD's potential side effects with your healthcare provider and start with a lower dose to see how your body reacts to it before increasing it slowly as needed.
3 Benefits of CBD Infused Gummies
Besides being a convenient, discreet, and great consumption experience, the best CBD gummies are also a great way to help reduce symptoms of some of the most common, yet challenging health conditions.
Their oral delivery method (19) has been shown to help delay CBD's effects, and extend them out for longer periods. This makes CBD gummies ideal for assisting with conditions such as chronic pain, insomnia, and anxiety.
CBD Gummies for Pain
CBD works through many different paths (20) to help manage pain from injuries, migraines,(21) chronic conditions,(22) back pain,(23) and even certain medical treatments like chemotherapy.(24) Its anti-inflammatory effects (25) have also been shown to help reduce painful swelling and ease arthritis symptoms while boosting joint health.(26) That's why CBD infused gummies are great for all different lifestyles.
Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast, weekend warrior, or dealing with chronic pain and inflammation, these convenient flavored CBD gummies combine mouthwatering experience with the powerful therapeutic benefits of hemp extract oil and other cannabinoids in certain cases.
2. CBD Gummies for Sleep
The Sleep Association estimates that a staggering 50-70 million (27) Americans suffer from some form of sleep disorder. Research indicates that the CBD (28) found in gummies works with terpenes such as limonene (29) in some cases where this terpene exists to help balance sleep-wake patterns. This has some amazing health benefits, (30) including better cognitive functioning, a more balanced mood, and a reduced risk of heart disease, dementia, obesity, and strokes. Once a person develops a better sleep life there are all the positive lifestyle benefits as a result.
Since CBD gummies' effects may take 45 minute to a little over an hour in some cases, to kick in, it's best to take them a little before you begin preparing for bed.
3. CBD Gummies for Anxiety
CBD edibles or extra strength CBD gummies can help to calm your central nervous system (31) and, at higher doses, may activate (32) a key serotonin receptor to help ease anxiety. This natural compound can also change how your brain receptors sends out signals to enhance the calming effects of certain chemicals.
With CBD gummies for anxiety, you don't have to worry about measuring your dose, and they're a quick, easy, and delicious way to enjoy the benefits of CBD for mental health support.
There are many different flavored CBD gummies on the market today, it is important to know what you are buying, by reviewing the label you can know the product you are considering are indeed premium CBD products. If 100% vegan is an important buying point, CBD gummies may or may not be vegan so look carefully at the label or product description to confirm this piece before buying.
To truly find the best CBD gummies for you, taste is a big factor, not all CBD gummies are the same, they vary in taste, flavor and overall consumption experience. Search for the one that you personal love and trust. Another important factor to consider is CBD dummies that are ‘low melt’, meaning they do not melt and stick together in heat, for example on a delivery truck or sitting on your porch in the sun. If these criterial are all things you seek, Eli Ruby ™ CBD gummies are considered top quality hemp edibles that are 100% vegan, are low melt, produced in a FDA register facility, lab verified and are has a delicious lemon lime flavor, come visit and click here.
(1) Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System Ethan Russo, MD Medical Director, PHYTECS. Web Article
(2) Project CBD “Terpenes & The Entourage Effect”
(3) Rolling Stones “Can Hemp Clean Up the Earth?” Published: June 11, 2018 Author: Andrew Leonard
(4) PMC: US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health. The Permanent Journal “Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets” Published: Spring 2013 Authors: Mohamed H Ismail, MD, Benjamin P Ha, MD, Carole Bartolotto, MA, RD,
(5) WebMD | Nourish “Tapioca: Health Benefits, Nutrition, and Uses” Published. References
(6) Eli Ruby Website: Click Here
(7) Report to the U.S. House Committee on
Appropriations and the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations | Sampling Study of the Current Cannabidiol Marketplace to Determine the Extent That Products are Mislabeled or Adulterated Link
(9) Hemp Industry Daily “Report to the U.S. House Committee on Appropriations and the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations” Link Here
(10) Eli Ruby Website Click Here
(11) Healthline “What Are Flavonoids? Everything You Need to Know” Published: October 23, 2019 Author: Kathryn Watson
(12) British Journal of Pharmacology “Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects” Published: Jan 12, 2011 Author: Ethan B. Russo
(13) The CBD Insider “CBG Benefits: 10 Benefits from the ‘Mother of All Cannabinoids” Published: August 11, 2020
(14) Eli Ruby Website Click Here
(15) Terpenes and Testing Magazine “Limonene’s Effects on Anxiety and Depression” Published: June 28, 2019 Author: Jason S. Lupoi, Ph.D.
(16) Eli Ruby Blog “5 Benefits of Extra Strength CBD Products” Click Here
(17) Healthline “7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects)” Published: February 26, 2018 Author: Jillian Kubala, MS, RD
(18) Healthline "CBD and Drug Interactions: What You Need to Know” Published: November 15, 2019 Author: Jennifer Chesak
(19) Project CBD “Best way to take CBD”
(20) NCBI “Therapeutic Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids” Published: January 12, 2017
(21) NCBI PMC | US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health “Medical Cannabis, Headaches, and Migraines: A Review of the Current Literature” Published: August 13, 2021 Authors: lexander Muacevic and John R Adler
(22) Liebert Pub
(23) CBD Awareness Project “Does CBD Help With Pain?” Published: April 4, 2019
(24) NCBI PMC | US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health “Integrating cannabis into clinical cancer care” Publsihed: March 23, 2016 Author: D.I. Abrams, MD
(25) NCBI PMC | US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health “Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs” Published: August1, 2010 Authors: Prakash Nagarkatti, Rupal Pandey, Sadiye Amcaoglu Rieder, Venkatesh L Hegde, Mitzi Nagarkatti
(26) CE Chiropractic Economics “Cannabidiol’s intriguing role in joint health” Published: September 3, 2019
(27) ASA American Sleep Association “Sleep and Sleep Disorder Statistics”
(28) Medical News Today “What to know about CBD and sleep” Published: June 3, 2020 Author: Jessica Caporuscio, Parm.D.
(29) Science Direct “Modification of brain waves and sleep parameters by Citrus reticulata Blanco. cv. Sai-Nam-Phueng essential oil” Published: June 1, 2020 Authors: Jackapun Kwangjai, Diana Cheaha, Rodiya Manor, Nusaib Sa-ih, Nifareeda Samerphob, Acharaporn Issuriya, Chatchai Wattanapiromsakul, Ekkasit Kumarnsit
(30) NIH News in Health “Good Sleep for Good Health” Published: April 2021
(31) NCBI PMC | US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health “Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series” Published: January 7, 2019 Authors: Scott Shannon, MD, Nicole Lewis, ND, Heather Lee, Shannon Hughes, PhD
(32) Project CBD “ How CBD Works”
(33) Healthline “The Best CBD Gummies for Anxiety” Published: August 20, 2021 Author: Steph Coelho
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device